SEED CSR and ORIX joined hands in 2017 to give shape to the dreams of people living in various villages falling under Raigarh district of Maharashtra. The project took off in three phases – the first phase took off in 2017, second phase in 2018 and the third phase of this project is on-going.
Mograj village is a small rural area in Raigarh district of Maharashtra, which has a population of only 630 people, but it lacks the basic amenities. In the second phase of the project, a team from SEED CSR completed basic assessment of the village to understand the challenges and existing infrastructure.
Based on the assessment, SEED CSR during the second phase of the project decided to implement interventions to provide quality healthcare, quality education, community engagement through various innovative ways.
- A Village Development Committee comprising 10 members from village was formed
- The aim of VDC was to monitor and encourage public participation
- 4 monthly meetings were held between April and July, which helped to understand the issues and challenges
- Drawing & Singing competition were held to encourage children participation
- 3 street plays were conducted to educate people about various diseases like HIV, dengue, Malaria etc.
- Several awareness rallies were conducted to sensitize people about sanitation, hygiene, safe drinking water, cleanliness etc.
- 4 general health camps were organized
- 630 people availed free health services and free medicines
- 10 dustbins and 82 mosquito nets were distributed
- Free consultation and awareness sessions were held regarding various diseases
- A School Management Committee (SMC) comprising teachers, parents VDC members was formed
- 4 monthly SMC meetings were held to understand the issues
- Experts were roped into train teachers to understand child behaviour
- Special classes were held for children by experts to improve their skills
- Indoor and Outdoor sports equipment were distributed to children
- Outreach to 630 people
- 630 people participated in health camps
- Over 400 people participated in sanitation campaign.
A teacher from a public school in Mograj, Dhondiba Kambadi expressed his gratitude and thanked SEED CSR & ORIX for providing better facilities to the village. “Our village is very small and it used to lack basic amenities. We are thankful to SEED for providing healthcare facilities and improving the quality of education,” Kambadi said.
The idea of this project was to aware the community and make them accountable so that they are able to create more opportunities for the people living in their village. SEED CSR, which is the leading implementing agency in India for CSR projects, continue to transform lives of thousands of people across different parts of the country.